Provides an understanding of the crucial role of sleep in overall health and happiness, with takeaway tools for how to sleep and rest better
Lack of sleep has far-reaching effects on physical, mental and emotional health, on performance and on the impact we have on those around us. And yet, these days it has become a commodity that people too often may boast about getting by with too little of.
As part of this workshop we’ll look at what’s happening in your body while you’re sleeping and the health problems that can arise if this isn’t happening. This explores the science of sleep, examining the role of our circadian rhythm, sleep cycles and the nervous system.
The workshop then examines what gets in the way of a good night’s sleep, looking at both environmental and lifestyle factors. It then looks at the suggestions that can support good quality sleep, and explore what we each can do to maximise this natural function of daily life, including breathing techniques, wind down rituals and managing our energy throughout the day.
- Provides an understanding of the science of sleep
- Empowers participants with the knowledge of actions they can take to improve sleep
- Provides reassurance that disrupted sleep is something that we all experience from time to time
- Lowers stress and anxiety
- Provides a greater sense of well-being