Our Top 10 Tips for Feeling Healthy & Happy
When You Feel Well, You Work Well
As part of Bounce Energy Ball’s #FeelGoodWithBounce campaign, those bouncy happy people challenged us to come up with our top 10 tips for feeling good. But where to begin?!
Our wellbeing is impacted by so many variables; from our relationships with others, sense of fulfilment & achievement, our relationship with ourselves, our perceived sense of success be that monetary or stature, and of course our work and the huge role that has to play in our lives.
Wellbeing in the simplest sense is the state of being happy and healthy, achieved via the pursuit of pleasure and the avoidance of pain. Of course when it comes to work, there are many factors which influence our sense of wellbeing; from an empathetic & supportive boss, the opportunity to progress & grow, benefits and holidays, recognition and appreciation for our work, and lets face it, fair pay. We can’t always influence or control all of these things, but there certainly are many things that we can do which are within our gift, and can hugely impact our feelings of contentment, calm, clarity and connectedness with the present moment.
So with that in mind, here are our top 10 tips for things that we can all do to improve our health & happiness:
- Move! Don’t sit for long periods, movement reignites creativity & energy
- Switch off your phone 1 hour before bed - allow your mind to rest
- Remember to breathe! Sounds simple, but we often don’t realise that we hold or restrict our breath
- Schedule time for personal wellbeing as important meetings in your diary, not to be missed
- Listen to your instincts, your inner voice is powerful and most often right!
- Make work work for you - if existing working practices don’t suit you, don’t be afraid to seek an alternative
- Struggling to nod off? Inhale for 5 breaths, hold for 5, then exhale for 5 - and repeat
- Make a list of things you are thankful for - it is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy!
- Be firm & courageous in making time for what keeps you healthy & happy
- Digital detox! Let go of your phone for some time each week